20 September 2019 9:00am - 10:00pm
Support the Climate Strike Movement!
It's a Climate Emergency.
And on September 20th, we're filling the streets.
On Friday the 15th of March 2019 1.6 million people took part in a global climate strike in more than 125 countries in more than 2,000 locations. In Ireland more than 15,000 students  took part in protests for urgent climate action. This September 20th, we're going to smash this number. But we need people who care about taking action on climate to be part of it. If you can, read on.
What can I do?
1. Join a Student-led March!
School-age students have self-organised marches around the country and they need you to attend. Check here and here for details or consult the table below which we will update until September 20th. If you’re able, take the day or some time and attend one of these student-led marches!
- Dublin: Gathering 12:00 at Customs House, marching at 12:30 to Merrion Sq., rallying 13:00 - 14:00 at Merrion Sq. in front of Govt. buildings
- Cork City: Gathering on Grand Parade St. from 12:00, marching at 12:20.
- Kerry (Tralee): Meet at County Buildings, Ratass, at 9am
- Clare (Ennis): Meet at The Height, O’Connell Square at 9am
- Drogheda: Demonstrating from 13:00 outside St. Peters's Church, West St.
- Galway: Demonstrating from 13:00 - 16:00 in Eyre Square
- Navan: Demonstrating from 13:00 - 15:00 at the Market Square
- Limerick: Marching from Arthur's Quay Park at 13:00, finishing at City Hall.
- Dundalk: Demonstrating from 12:30 - 15:00 in the Market Square
- Kenmare: Demonstrating from 9:00 - 13:00 outside the Courthouse
What if I can't attend one of those marches?
2. Host an event in your university, workplace or neighbourhood!
If you can't attend, you can join the 60+ supportive adults who are organising support and solidarity actions across the country. It's really easy to do so.
- Add your action to the map below by clicking 'host action' and inputting the details
- Our volunteer support team will be in touch with you before September 20th to assist you
- Share this page with your friends, family and colleagues and get planning and recruiting attendees!
3. Steward the Dublin march!
While the school strike movement is student led, the climate crisis affects all of us. Everyone is invited & everyone is needed.
P.S. We've made it super easy for you to plan an action, get into the local press, recruit a team of helpers and make sure people show up! All the resources you need to carry out a super support event are here.