Divestment Bill set to pass today, July 12th
Tweet and watch live
July 12 2018, 11:08am
We have three good things to tell you:
1. In under a week, over 2,200 people have emailed their TDs asking them to support a strong Divestment Bill, which if passed will seal the deal on Ireland being the first state in the world to commit to withdrawing its investments from the industry which is contributing the most to the climate crisis; the fossil fuel industry.
2. There is now cross-party support for passing the Divestment Bill today, July 12th.
3. TDs have been inundated with requests from constituents to attend the debate in the Dáil gallery, and so it will likely be filled with supporters of the bill.
But it's not over yet. So what can you do now to play a part in pushing the it over the line?
1. Click here to send a tweet thanking those parties who are supporting the bill.
2. Watch the debate live from 2:10pm via this link.
3. Keep an eye on the Stop Climate Chaos social media channels from approximatey 3:30pm when we will be sharing news and images from this historic event, and please share details of what we are hopeful will be good news! Click for links to the Stop Climate Chaos Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram.
In just a matter of hours Ireland is likely to become the first state in the world to commit to withdrawing its investments from the fossil fuel industry.
When that happens, will you be able to say you were part of it?
*Divestment is the opposite of investment. For more information, click here.